How to Identify Original Xiaomi Mi Band
Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi officially released their third fitness tracker, Xiaomi Mi Band 2. Unlike its ancestors, the fitness tracker launches an LED touch screen module.
With Xiaomi’s popularity, it’s not surprising when people started making a replica of it as well. We often find ourselves buying from third party sellers, so how would we know if it’s original or fake?
Some people even claim that their products are authentic. The only means to guarantee it’s authentic is by buying.
Back to our question, how do you exactly identify an authentic Xiaomi Mi Band?
Mi bands from generations almost look the same, but they certainly made distinctive upgrades on their features compared to the past Mi bands.
1. Genuine boxed will come sealed.
2. Fake box has the black circle, possibly to denote strap color to manufacturer:
3. Fake box has a more yellowy sticker.
4. Xiaomi Box Original vs Fake
Fake box has wonky sticker, real has logo printed on box
5. The inside of a real box
6. The inside of a fake box.
7. Fake has no logo on bottom
8. The real one is the one on the top.
9. The fake band has no writing on the band.
10. Real band hole is tighter
11. The real booklet has mi logo
12. Real book was only in Chinese. Fake has poor translation and tells you to download fake “day day band” app.
This is because the fake Mi Band will not work with the official app, again another sign you have a fake.
13. Genuine charger has smooth design with usb logo. Fake on right
Also, check out this video here: