Scalp Massage: Are there Benefits?
There’s no denying that a scalp massage feels good, however its benefits can go a long way than just relaxation. A relaxing massage on your scalp can promote healthy and clean head.
So if you haven’t treated yourself and want to have your well-deserved relaxing time, take a look at the benefits why you should start giving your scalp a massage:
1. Relaxes the mind. Nothing’s better than relaxing after a long day at work. Massaging your scalp with can help the muscles in your neck area to relax.
2. Strengthens the roots. A massage on your scalp helps strengthen the roots of the hair and nourishes the hair-shafts, promoting new hair growth and strengthening the current hair.
3. Prevents flakes and dry scalps. Massaging lubricates and conditions the scalp without the use of harsh chemical shampoos.
4. Promotes good sleep. If you’re having difficulty sleeping at night because of the stress, the hair and scalp massage can help you catch some zzzs.
If you want to massage your scalp effectively,
– Don’t be afraid to use a little pressure. A deep and slow massage motion helps increase the blood flow which helps your skin and hair grow faster.
– Try some essential oils. Using some essential oils not only can be relaxing but useful as well. For instance, using a peppermint oil can offer a cooling sensation and improves circulation of the blood inside your body.
Though feeling pampered and relaxed may be good enough, there’s nothing wrong with extending an effort for the benefits of getting a good massage. If you have time, why not get all the great benefits right?